Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Austria

View from St. Paul's Cathedral
So I don't really have anything to say, which it kind of strange since so much has happened. I just don't know what to tell y'all!  We have seen so many churches but they're not very interesting unless you understand the various saints and symbols but here are some of the pictures that I have taken of these magnificent buildings. My photos don't do them justice they are so grand and magnificent. One of the grandest Cathedrals we went to was Saint Paul's Cathedral in London. I went there three times! Once to climb the dome (which was literally over a thousand steps!), another to eat dinner on the steps, and then again for the Eucharist service. I wish I could have taken pictures of the cathedral but photos weren't allowed :'(





But enough of trying to catch up on what I haven't been able to tell! Today was so fun! Its so relaxing here in Vienna. We woke up this morning and went to the Spanish Riding School and watched the Lipizzaner Stallions practice.  It wasn't super exciting but it was really fun to watch them practice technique, you begin to realize how much work it takes to train and get to the caliber of performance they are known for. After that we went and bought fruit, bread, and cheese (fruit is SOO EXPENSIVE here) but we had a little picnic. After we walked by the Hapsburg Palace, and then traveled out to their country palace (I can't remember how to spell it and am too lazy to look it up). The palace was beautiful! It supposedly rivals Versailles, I believe it! Well I need to go pack, we are going to Velden tomorrow.  Exactly two weeks till CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment