Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 7, 2013

Alright so this week has been crazy, and awesome. We had two baptisms on Saturday and they were confirmed yesterday. A--- (11) and M---- (9) They live in the poor part of town, we actually don´t work in that area. Only when a member gives us a referral. But these little girls had been coming to church for two months! A member lives on the same street as them and they drive vans for a language school. So they always pick people up for church. And these little girls wait in front of their house every Sunday to go to church! Its incredible! They´re cirmcumstances are very humble, and their upbringing is very different, but if they continue as they are and apply the things they are learning in primary and have good examples it will be amazing to see what the gospel can do to help and better their lives. 

The begining of the week Elder Dowden (Assistente) called us. And while we were talking he told Me and S. Marques that after Zone Conference (saturday) he wanted to talk to us. We were so scared! He wouldn´t tell us what it was about or anything. This happened last transfer too, and  I was worried it would happen again. 

After the meeting the assistants asked if they could talk to me 1st, they said it was a good thing. But how could something where they had to talk to me privately be a good thing! (oh and this was about an hr after my interview with presidente and he didn´t say anything about what the Elders were going to talk about, and i was too scared to ask haha). 

Anyways, we are starting something new in our mission. Sisters will go on divisions, travel to other areas and go on splits! And guess who is the 1st! Me and S. Marques. And even though i´m the Jr. they told me 1st and asked me to help this sister and basically do the detective work. Yikes! When we arrived at Zone Conference S. Wright thanked me for my diligence and everything I´ve been doing. I really don´t feel like i´ve been doing that much but after my interview with Presidente, he told me in a little I will be training, i´m excited because i really wanted to be a trainer! and then with the assistants...they trust me a lot. 

I don´t feel like i´ve been in the field long enough to be classified as an experienced missionary but i trust our president. I know he really does receive revelation for our mission. And i´m excited for these new opportunities!

Anyways away from all the new stuff and on to the funny story for the week! For Christmas President bought for every house a water filtering faucet. (Because they stopped giving out water bottles in the ctm, they were defective). On Saturday at zone conference we received them. Right before our baptism. I was brushing my teeth and S. Marques decided to install the filter. She forgot to turn off the water register (here you have to do that we found out) Because when she removed the faucet water came gushing out! and Flooded our entire front room. (its a good thing no one has carpet here). She was soaked and i had to run to the water register (which is at our neighbors house and turn off the register). It was hilarious. and a great way to clean our apt, so today for p-day we don´t have to clean :P

Well I hope all is well with you all. Have a wonderful week good luck with the beginning of seminary! and school and everything. 

Love 
Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment