Tuesday, August 14, 2012


August 14, 2012

Re: Warm Weddings

Family!!!

Well once again crazy week! Your advice about the language Yes it helps. Irmao Israel told us when we study study in Portugues. Right now thats still hard for me. We have an hour for personal study. I study half hr in english and then read the BoM in Portugues (and my dicctionary) It does help a lot. Portugues I love it! Its hard for me to understand some people but others I can usually understand. Its been interesting because Sister Lira doesn~t speak any english, but it is a goal for missionaries that don~t speak english to learn english. So we study portugues and english in the 1/2 hr we have to study the language (we~re supposed to have an hr but because we live so far from our area we have to leave earlier to get to the houses we have lunch at). But we are learning Come Thou Fount.  (A favorite hymn of Carissa's)

This week i had an adventure. We had zone conference. (it changed and we no longer meet as a complete zone with the president :( but we met with another district. Which had two other Elders that came with me from the CTM so that was fun to see them again. But the scary part was that I had....got....to give a trainamento! (training?) It only had to be 10 min about obedience/helping leaders. It was so difficult! But it was really neat too, I~m not sure how much everyone understood but i learned a lot with what i studied. I shared the scriptures about the stripling warriors. And how helaman was just their leader, but they obeyed with exactness. And then the Story of Ammon. After he chopped off the arms, Lamoni saw him as a man of great strength. But when he learned that Ammon was feeding the horses and performed every commandment he had given him, he thought of him as the Great Spirit. For us, as missionaries, we are representatives of the Savior. We need to perform every command with the intent to fulfill with exactness. And then people too will recognize Jesus Christ through us. Cool thought,

Oh the members here are so fun. We had noite familiar (FHE) with them yesterday and another on sunday. So fun, we had it with recent convernts. They are wonderful and we have a blast. This past week was really hard for Sister Lira and I, especially Sunday because we had 5 investigators with baptism dates and none came to church! Even though all promised they would come. (Oh sunday was father~s day here) So happy Dia dos Pais dad :P
Anyways we were really having a rough day and then having noite familiares was wonderful. And brought the spirit, and reminded us that there are people in the world that realize the importance of the gospel and of our work!

I can~t believe everyones getting married!!!!! and Sean!!! nossa i can~t believe it! So excited for him!!! (I get to visit them in France after my mission right?)

Oh and Dad, you would die of happiness here haha. We went to a farmers market type thing this week to buy fruit....1reio so about 50c for a small bag of bannanas, lettuce, apples. Its great. Kinda sad because i bought some apples but we have to clean them with bleach and didn~t have any so i have to peel them inorder to eat them :( but so good to have fruit in my diet again!

Transfers are next week. Who knows what will happen...and P-day from now on is monday woohooo

I do have a question, do i need to use my debit card periodically to keep it from being cancelled? and don~t forget to check my fb and e-mail because some people say after 3 months they cancel it if you don~t use it. I don~t know if its true or not but better safe than sorry.

I cannot believe school is starting already. time really is flying by. I~m almost done with my first transfer!!

You asked about lessons. its really funny, the reason we had so many was because we talk to people in the street and they aren~t really interested and dont~want a lesson. We ask if we can say a prayer, bless their day or something and then after the prayer we talk about their family or religious beliefs share a quick message. and they don~t even know what hit them. But theyve already had one lesson by the missionaries. and usually after that they let us visit them in their home.

Oh and is the the girl in the picture with sean, lauren sean~s fiance??? LEGAL!!!!

Tell Lauren and Hailey they look absolutly stunning....chik (she-key in portugues)

I loved the pictures!!

Sorry I haven~t been able to send any :( but the computers we use have a firewall and won~t let me upload them. And the place we could develop photos is always out of order for one hr when we go to develop. So idk when i~ll be able to send you pictures :(

Well enjoy your last week of summer!!! so weird to say that. Though it really hasn~t been as cold here anymore. Rained yesterday but but before its been actually kinda hot.  (20c) no clue what that is in F (fahrenheit)  but warmer than it was before haha

Well Love you guys! Hope all is well!

Carissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment