Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

Here the heat is coming. Its already almost scortching at times. Its been threatening to rain here all weekend but as of yet, nothing. Just dismal humidity and clouds. 


 ( I told Carissa about Matthew preparing for a huge report he will be doing. )What type of subjects is he looking at doing?? I´m sure they´re all over the board haha. (anything to do with brasil or rio grande do sul (its basically its own country everyone says haha)

I have been studying parables too!! Presidente Wright wants all of his missionaries to have read the standard works. Since I´ve already read the Book of Mormon He wants me to start with the New Testament and read it cover to cover. Its weird because I´ve hardly ever studied the scriptures cover to cover. Rather by topic but its going to be an interesting and difficult expereience because I have a goal to read the book of Mormon in Portugues. and I have to read about 10 pages a day to finish all the standard works before I go home. (Sister Teixeira and i today created a study plan) Yikes the mission does pass quickly. I´ve almost hit my 6 month mark. I can hardly believe it. 

Oh but the parable you shared i found a poem, `´the echo´´ in a conference talk its about this parable and its really neat. I liked it i think you´ll enjoy it.

Dentist: I bought one ( a Brazilian mouthwash) and have been using it in the morning and ACT at night so that should  lengthen the time i have act. The stuff i bought here in Brasil actually has more of the active ingredient than ACT. I´m just worried  because everyone here drinks soda....coka cola is like water here. But its nice because for me I don~t like telling people no to food, because serisouly people are offended if you don~t eat or drink everything they offer you. I think its easier for Brazilians to say no than for us americans because people will think its a cultural difference and such. So its nice that sister teixeira doesn~t drink soda. I just add on to her no thanks haha. But don´t worry i always carry floss with me and floss all the time haha.

Debit card: I haven´t used it since i was in Caxias that one time to print photos. I have cash that i exchanged at the airport. My only fear with my debit card is that it will be blocked. 

Anyways on to the events of this week. Its been crazy!!! Temple, Conference just for Sisters!!! WHOOHOOO foi chique de mais!!!!! (WAS AWESOME). 

The temple was really special. Difficult because everything was in Portugues but i understood practically everything. But the part that was incredible was i got to see elders from the Mission Porto Alegre Sul!!! (People i knew in the CTM) and then as we were leaving the temple. My instrucutor in the CTM in Sao Paulo followed me out of the temple!!! Irma Korth...What a surprise!!!! She is from rio grande do sul. but it was such a miracle to see her!!! Then the next day we had our district meeting and i received a letter from her!!! (I should have gotten it a few weeks ago but our elders forgot to bring our letters). Speaking of letters i love getting those letters from the Primary! Tell sister Arvenon thank you for me. They are so sweet. 

Then on thursday we had our sisters conference. There are only 20 sisters in our mission but because of the change in age for sisters we are expecting many many more. (about 1/3 of our mission will be sisters in the future) We will have traveling sisters, who can go on splits with us. It was so fun. And I finally got to have my 1st interview with Presidente Wright! (We didn~t have time to interview when i arrived in the field). But i love them they are so sweet and wonderful. Apparently they are very different then the other President (the one we received information about when i got my call) He was very strict, but Presidente Wright just loves you and wants to help you. But he seriously wants us to be the best we can be. its great.

OH but i have a question for dad. How does he work with the missionaries? Who organizes baptisms for investigators in our ward?? The two wards i´ve been in have done it differently. And yikes we have communication problems here...be greatful for unlimited data and calling plans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment